Who we are
Knapnok is an award-winning studio on a continuing mission to reinvent social play.
Currently we’re 30+ diverse, multi-national, multi-talented, crazies. We mix the best upcoming talent with leading industry veterans, all united in the belief that there’s a better way to create greatness and it doesn’t have to mean crunching our butts off.
We believe fun matters above all else. Do you?
We are looking for an experienced talented Game Designer, with a great attention to details, a good artistic eye and visual aesthetic, a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, boundless creativity, and a passion for KnapNok Games’ core DNA: unique local/social multiplayer games driven by novel interfaces and new technology. We promise work on cutting edge technologies, really hard problems, and a fantastic team of brainiacs to learn from/with.
We’re not quite Indie anymore. We’re not ‘AAA’ either. We’re Knapnok.
Knapnok Designers are expected to have a passion for making and playing games, with a particular focus on the aspects of local/ social multiplayer gaming which is at the core of KnapNok's mission.
Since all KnapNok Games projects are design driven, you will be one of the key drivers of the project interfacing with all other disciplines. Together with the Lead Designer, Creative director and the Producer, Game Designers holds a crucial role of owning and delivering fantastic game experiences on time and within budget.
What do we expect from you?
We are looking for a hands on game design generalist that can own features and gameplay through the process of idea, documentation, iteration, tuning, test and QA. We expect you to split your time between writing and updating documentation, being hands on in the game editor and test and analyse gameplay.
Our design keywords are local multiplayer and new interfaces but we are not bound to a genre so you can expect to get challenged in everything from, party games, platformers, action/ adventure, puzzle games or vehicle simulation.
Successful applicants have:
- Minimum 2 years of experience, having shipped at least one console or STEAM title on a multidisciplinary team, with multiple largely positive (75%+) game reviews.
- Experience with all aspects of game design, such as system design, narrative design, level design, user experience and interface design, game testing, analytics, and QA.
- Exceptional creativity
- Technical skills and scripting experience.
- Excellent verbal and written English language communication skills and the ability to communicate designs and ideas effectively to teammates from all disciplines.
- Broad interest in games and play culture, everything from esoteric board games to casual mobile games, from interactive fiction to electronic toys.
- Experience with industry standard game editors such as Unity or Unreal Engine and ability to quickly learn and adapt to new tools. Basic understanding of programming as well as art.
Would be great if you also have:
- Presentation & Leadership skills
- Background in Arts or Engineering
- VR/AR experience and interest
- Broad interests beyond gaming with pop culture & technology as a plus
How to apply
Please send your resume in English to
and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously.
All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.