Who we are
Knapnok is an award-winning studio on a continuing mission to reinvent social play.
Currently we’re 30+ diverse, multi-national, multi-talented, crazies. We mix the best upcoming talent with leading industry veterans, all united in the belief that there’s a better way to create greatness and it doesn’t have to mean crunching our butts off.
We believe fun matters above all else. Do you?
We are looking for key talent to join us and help create groundbreaking local social experiences. We promise work on cutting edge technologies, really hard problems, and a fantastic team of brainiacs to learn from/ with.
We’re not quite Indie anymore. We’re not ‘AAA’ either. We’re Knapnok.
As a Graphics Engineer, you are ultimately responsible for making sure the project’s artistic vision is fully realized onscreen while exploiting the strengths and keeping within the technological constraints of the target platforms.
You are also expected to participate in the optimization of modules that can benefit from the use of GPUs for general purpose computations, and to collaborate with other optimization Engineers to define the best-suited architectures, algorithms, data structures and techniques.
Knapnok Graphics Engineers are expected to have a passion for making and playing games, with a emphasis on bringing our titles to life in stunning visual quality.
What do we expect from you?
- Work closely with artists, designers and tools engineers to identify the needs of the project and develop proprietary graphics technology as necessary.
- Profile and optimize the graphic performance of one or more game titles.
- Participate in defining and improving asset pipelines. Articulate, communicate and document standards, practices and techniques for visual content creation within the context of the graphics technologies used.
- Develop or assist in the development of tools geared at optimizing and/or accelerating the creation of visual content.
- Contribute to general product optimization, with an emphasis on GPGPU optimization.
Successful applicants have:
- 5+ years of professional game development experience.
- At least one title shipped in a graphics programming position on a current or previous generation console.
- Strong C/C++ skills.
- A solid understanding of data structures, essential algorithms and design patterns, especially as applicable to high performance graphics.
- In-depth understanding of modern graphics hardware, APIs and rendering pipelines.
- Extensive experience with GPU programming. Proficient with HLSL/Cg/GLSL.
- Experience with Unity3D and/or UE4.
- Strong math skills.
The ideal candidate would also have:
- Experience developing for mobile platforms (iOS and/or Android.)
- A very strong grasp of GPGPU techniques and available APIs.
- Experience with low level graphics APIs (libGCM/libGNM, Vulkan, DX12, Metal)
- Experience with parallel programming.
- A very good understanding of modern game engine architectures.
- Familiarity with networking and multiplayer products.
- DSP experience.
- Previous experience and/or genuine interest in Computer Vision.
- A fearless disposition.
How to apply
Please send your resume in English to
and we will get back to you
as soon as possible.