Who we are
Knapnok is an award-winning studio on a continuing mission to reinvent social play.
Currently we’re 30+ diverse, multi-national, multi-talented, crazies. We mix the best upcoming talent with leading industry veterans, all united in the belief that there’s a better way to create greatness and it doesn’t have to mean crunching our butts off.
We believe fun matters above all else. Do you?
We are looking for an experienced talented Lead Artist, with a great attention to details, a good artistic eye, management skills, and a passion for KnapNok Games’ core DNA: unique local/ social multiplayer games driven by novel interfaces and new technology.
We promise work on cutting edge technologies, really hard problems, and a fantastic team of brainiacs to learn from/ with.
We’re not quite Indie anymore. We’re not ‘AAA’ either. We’re Knapnok.
As a Lead Artist you will be in charge of a team of artists, making sure that deliveries are on schedule and are up to standard, and that visual style and quality requirements are met. This will require a close collaboration with the Art Director, Production and Project Management.
What do we expect from you?
- Work closely with the Art Director, Artist team and Designers to design a workflow and processes that help solve visual challenges within the time schedule.
- Provide a wide range of artistic skills.
- Good understanding of artistic disciplines.
- Work with Project management to help manage art resources, schedules and priorities on the project.
- Manage art team tasks.
- Work with the Art Director to translate concepts to a visual art style and manage style consistency throughout the project.
- Able to spot art production problems, devise solutions and workarounds.
- Self managing.
- Promote artistic growth, ownership and contribution on the art team.
- Able to choose the correct work processes for specific art tasks.
- Able to document and communicate standards and processes for content creation.
Successful applicants have:
- 5+ years of experience
- Experience in leading a team of artists
- Able to communicate well, visually and verbally
- Drawing and/or painting skills
- Strong understanding of their primary 3d software (Blender, 3ds max, Maya)
- Experienced in game asset production and implementation from start to finish
- Experienced in any sculpting software
- Able to create high quality assets in different art styles based on guidelines and directions
- Experienced in Unity
- Technical understanding of 3d production processes
- Skills in solving technical problems inside Unity but also their primary 3d software
- Experience and good understanding of art and game production pipelines
- Experience in rigging characters
The ideal candidate would also have:
- Animation knowledge
- Other game engine experience
How to apply
Please send your resume in English to
and we will get back to you
as soon as possible.