Who we are
Knapnok is an award-winning studio on a continuing mission to reinvent social play.
Currently we’re 30+ diverse, multi-national, multi-talented, crazies. We mix the best upcoming talent with leading industry veterans, all united in the belief that there’s a better way to create greatness and it doesn’t have to mean crunching our butts off.
We believe fun matters above all else. Do you?
We are looking for key talent to join us and help create groundbreaking local social experiences. We promise work on cutting edge technologies, really hard problems, and a fantastic team of brainiacs to learn from/ with.
We’re not quite Indie anymore. We’re not ‘AAA’ either. We’re Knapnok.
As an Optimization Engineer at Knapnok, your focus will be on delivering consistently uncompromising performance for our titles.
The Optimization Engineer is responsible for making sure the project’s artistic vision is fully realized while exploiting the strengths and keeping within the technological constraints of the target platforms.
Knapnok Optimization Engineers are also expected to closely collaborate with technical artists and with other engineers to identify the best-suited practices, architectures, algorithms, data structures and techniques to achieve the targeted performance.
What do we expect from you?
- Work closely with artists, designers and tools engineers to identify the needs of the project and design, refactor and optimize code as necessary.
- Profile, debug and optimize performance-critical code sections.
- Participate in defining and improving asset pipelines.
- Articulate, communicate and document standards, practices and techniques for creating content that meets the technical requirements of the targeted platforms.
- Port existing code to new platforms and optimize to their specifications.
Successful applicants have:
- 5+ years of professional game development experience.
- At least one title shipped in an optimization programmer position equivalent on a current or previous generation console.
- Excellent modern C/C++ skills.
- A solid understanding of data structures, essential algorithms and design patterns.
- An excellent understanding of modern hardware architectures and performance bottlenecks.
- Experience with CPU and GPU profiling.
- Experience with general algorithmic optimization as well as other platform-specific types of optimization, including SIMD vectorization and GPGPU.
- Experience with parallel programming.
- A very good understanding of modern game engine architectures.
- Experience with Unity3D and/or UE4.
- Strong math skills.
The ideal candidate would also have:
- Experience developing for mobile platforms (iOS and/or Android.)
- In-depth understanding of modern graphics hardware, APIs and rendering pipelines.
- Experience with GPU programming. Fluent in HLSL/Cg/GLSL.
- A strong grasp of GPGPU techniques and available APIs.
- Experience with low level graphics APIs (libGCM/libGNM, Vulkan, DX12, Metal)
- Familiarity with networking and multiplayer products.
- DSP experience.
- Previous experience and/or genuine interest in Computer Vision.
How to apply
Please send your resume in English to
and we will get back to you
as soon as possible.