Who we are
Knapnok is an award-winning studio on a continuing mission to reinvent social play.
Currently we’re 30+ diverse, multi-national, multi-talented, crazies. We mix the best upcoming talent with leading industry veterans, all united in the belief that there’s a better way to create greatness and it doesn’t have to mean crunching our butts off.
We believe fun matters above all else. Do you?
We are looking for key talent to join us and help create groundbreaking local social experiences. We promise work on cutting edge technologies, really hard problems, and a fantastic team of brainiacs to learn from/ with.
We’re not quite Indie anymore. We’re not ‘AAA’ either. We’re Knapnok.
As a Senior Gameplay Engineer, you are responsible for the technical design, planning and implementation of specific gameplay features. The job requires close collaboration with game designers, project managers and artists to ensure features are implemented according to the design specifications, the project schedule and the technological constraints of the target platforms.
Knapnok Engineers are expected to have a passion for making and playing games, with a particular focus on the aspects of local/ social multiplayer gaming which is at the core of Knapnok's mission.
What do we expect from you?
- Work together with designers, artists and other programmers to design, implement and polish gameplay features.
- Debug, profile, optimize and maintain game code.
- Help define testing procedures for specific game features.
- Review code submitted by other engineers.
- Coach and inspire junior engineers on the team.
Successful applicants have:
- 3+ years of professional game development experience.
- At least one title shipped on a current or previous generation console.
- Strong C/C++ skills.
- A good understanding of data structures, essential algorithms and design patterns as applicable to game development.
- Good knowledge of modern game engine architectures.
- Experience with Unity3D and/or UE4.
- Strong math skills, especially 3D math.
- Solid sense of gameplay and fun.
The ideal candidate would also have:
- Experience developing for mobile platforms (iOS and/or Android.)
- A good understanding of modern game engine architectures.
- Familiarity with networking and multiplayer products.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence and other project management tools and applications.
- Good knowledge of Java, Objective C / Swift.
- Experience with game content pipelines.
How to apply
Please send your resume in English to
and we will get back to you
as soon as possible.